Friday, January 11, 2008

McKissin’ McDreamy

Last night’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy was intense. The show was narrated by Bailey, whose baby was in peril as was (as always) the relationship between McDreamy and Meredith. Seriously, this whole on/off, will they/won’t they?, Carrie/Big, love/hate, commitment phobic crap is getting annoying. Make up your freakin’ minds already. Last night, they apparently did, and McDreamy wasted no time moving on and onto Nurse Rose.
Lauren Stamile, who plays the new McInterest, claims she was nervous about locking lips with Patrick Dempsey. “Absolutely, I was nervous,” Stamile told Entertainment Tonight. “In fact, before the scene [which aired in an earlier episode], I had to come right out and say, ‘Patrick, I am so nervous, I am freaking out, I don’t really know what to do.’” However, she was freaking out for nothing. “It went really well,” she said. “He made it very fun for me. I made fun of myself. He made fun of me. We just laughed a lot. I think there’s a lot of pressure playing one of the most popular characters on TV, his love interest, or potential at least.” As for what she thinks about the Grey/McDreamy ordeal, she said: “It seems as if their relationship has veered off into the dysfunctional,” adding, “Sometimes when you take a break, you realize how much you miss them.”
Whatever, I consider the McDreamy/Grey relationship a lot like Carrie and Aidan’s from Sex and the City. It’s a case of an annoying, neurotic girl not being good enough for the cute, good guy.

No comments: