Monday, January 21, 2008

Could dating Denzel’s daughter be dangerous?

It seems that Denzel Washington is just a normal dad who is protective of his daughters. While on the Late Show with David Letterman, the topic of his daughters’ dating came up. I hear it can be stressful to meet the father for the first time, add on top of that stress from the fact that he’s a two-time Academy Award winner (and remember the scary character he played when he won his last little golden man), then compound that by adding this image to the mix: “I basically come to the front door in my underwear. That’s all, like naked, my stomach out with a shotgun and a shovel. And I tell the young boy I’m not above using either one or these, or both,” he joked. “No, I don’t allow anyone near them. It is a double standard. With my boys I’m like, ‘That’s my boy.’ You don’t say that to my girl.”
So what does one deal with then dating his daughters? "My oldest daughter, who is going to kill me now for saying this, she has got a boyfriend, who is at the school where she is. He is evidently very bright, a nice young man, too many earrings for me,” Washington said. “I told him, ‘I’m not gonna be that friendly with you.’… I put my oldest boy on him. I said ‘put the fear of God into him. I said, ‘Kick him around a bit… Tenderize him. I’ll finish him off.’" And I just want to point out here that Denzel’s oldest boy, John David, is a professional football player with the St Louis Rams.

No comments: