Monday, December 17, 2007

Twinkeltoes Travolta

John Travolta’s been known to shake his booty. He disco-ed in Saturday Night Fever, hand-jived in Grease, twisted in Pulp Fiction and got his groove on in drag in Hairspray. So when Parade magazine asked him to name his fave partner to spin around the dance floor, he said: “Well, of course, Uma Thurman who was so great with me in our scene in Pulp Fiction." But, of course, the actor has some fave off-screen partners too. “My wife Kelly [Preston] is fabulous,” he said. “Princess Diana was a nice dancer because she had confidence. In fact, when we danced together she started to lead and I looked her in eye and went: ‘No, you have to let me lead.’ So I grabbed her around the waist and we were off to the races.” Wonder what Sir Sean Connery thinks of being excluded from the list since the two of them once shook their booties together. Travolta told the Daily Record about it: “I was asked to dance by Sean Connery. We were at a party for Frank Sinatra and we were on our way out, my wife and I were leaving. And he said, ‘John, where you going?’ And I said, ‘I’ve got to go home, I’m filming tomorrow.’ And he said, ‘Before you dance with me?’ And I said, ‘Alright.’ Who’s going to turn down Bond? So we ended up dancing together. The whole party stopped… I just couldn’t believe I was dancing with 007. It was a good feeling, dancing with a big icon like that was awesome.” Now that woulda been quite a sight!

No comments: