Wednesday, December 12, 2007

McDeprecating McDreamy

Patrick Dempsey needs to accept the fact that people think he’s hot and get over it already. He wasn’t nicknamed McDreamy on Grey’s Anatomy because he spends his time daydreaming: he’s hot (though not as hot as McSteamy)! However, even after being cast as a Prince Charming type in Enchanted, Dempsey still doesn’t seem to understand his sex symbol status. "I always find it funny when people say I am handsome or I am perceived in that way. It makes me wonder whom they are talking to, it's interesting,” Dempsey was quoted by BreakingNews.ie as saying. "There are a lot of men out there considered as handsome men: George Clooney is good looking; he is the classical handsome movie star. I am just average looking. But it's fun and it is certainly nice to have the attention. I was known for being geeky and awkward as a kid. This projection of being sexy or handsome is funny to me; I certainly don't see myself that way." But there’s a diff between Demps and Clooney: five years and the fact that, unlike Dempsey, Clooney’s more salt than pepper these days.

No comments: