Friday, December 14, 2007

Butler’s striptease sends Swank to the hospital

Who knew a striptease could lead to a trip to the emergency room? That’s what happened with Gerard Butler and Hilary Swank on the set of their upcoming romcom, PS I Love You (based on a wonderfully sweet book by Cecelia Ahern). And I know what you’re thinking, but no, Swank was not sent to the burn unit because Butler’s scorching hot. Instead, it was just a bad cut. Apparently Butler’s suspender snapped and nicked Swank in the face. "It's crazy," Swank told Parade magazine. "I did that boxing movie Million Dollar Baby with Clint Eastwood and came out virtually unscathed. I'm in a romantic comedy and I'm so badly cut I have to be rushed to the hospital to get a bunch of stitches." Butler added: "I was busting my chops, making a fool of myself doing the striptease… I was thinking, 'OK, I deserve a bit of credit for this.' But, in the end, all I had was the knowledge that I'd just given Hilary Swank a scar and the whole production was shut down for five days. So I'll probably never strip again." No Butler! Please don’t let one little mishap ruin future fun.

No comments: