Monday, December 17, 2007

Major monkey mojo in Walk Hard

It seems John C Reilly signed on to Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story for the chance to get his vocals on along with his mojo. “I was thinking about Hamlet, which is a great story but it’s got no music,” Reilly, who’s been nominated for a Golden Globe for his performance, told Parade magazine. “I really wanted to sing and play the guitar. And I get to run around in a sumo diaper and scream like a dinosaur from the top of a building. That doesn’t happen to me every day. Then there were the loves scenes.” Reilly elaborated: “There was so much sex I think they had to save some of it for the DVD. It was insane. In one 24-hour period, I made out with Cheryl Tiegs, Cheryl Ladd, two Playboy playmates and a chimpanzee.” Continuing about his primate mate, Reilly said: “I have a scene where I kiss him. We really bonded, and in the first take, I just kind of treat him like my only friend. But the director, Judd Apatow, said, ‘Maybe you should be mean to him.’ So we did another take where I lose it and yell at him. I thought, ‘He’s just a chimp, he won’t know the difference.’ And he got this shocked, hurt look on his face. So I had to give him a big hug and let him know I was just acting. By the way, he now has a bit part in Speed Racer. He’s got a big career ahead of him.”

No comments: